Healthcare Companies Using B2B eCommerce Platforms to Stay Ahead of Customer Demand Amid Virus Outbreaks
From baked beans and baby wipes to surgical masks and swabs, consumers and companies alike are making a mad dash these days to order supplies and products online following public health recommendations to stay/work from home when they are ill or have compromised health.
Ecommerce (or electronic commerce) is the process of buying and selling products or services online. It began in the early 90s when the internet first opened to the public. Over the past 30 years, the convenience, safety and user experience of eCommerce have improved exponentially, and the industry has experienced consistent growth and popularity with literally thousands of businesses entering the online market each year.
For many of us today, online ordering is something we do virtually every day — at home and at work. Currently, healthcare companies (as well as companies from many other industries) are experiencing a dramatic and unprecedented surge in customer orders, presenting them with an extraordinary challenge to stay ahead of demand.
Why B2B eCommerce Is A Golden Opportunity for Healthcare Companies to Stay Ahead of Customer Demand
The healthcare industry is one of the highest growth industries in the world, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The B2B eCommerce sector has also experienced staggering growth. As a result, forward-thinking healthcare companies worldwide are leveraging the growing popularity of eCommerce to sell their products to other businesses.
Why? Because B2B eCommerce does more than allow your customer to place an order. It also allows you to provide your customer with better service. All 24/7.
Here are some of the key benefits of establishing an online B2B eCommerce store:
- Process B2B orders fast.
- Make the ordering process easier for your customer.
- Improve the customer experience and enhance customer communications.
- Boost sales and increase ROI (return-on-investment).
- Sell your products to global markets in their own language and currency.
To learn more about why smart healthcare companies are digging into B2B eCommerce, click here.
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing an eCommerce Solution to Stay Ahead of Customer Demand
Having an online B2B eCommerce store is critical to capitalizing on the explosive growth of online ordering and choosing a platform that is pre-built will save you time and money.
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing an eCommerce solution for your B2B healthcare company:
- Does the eCommerce platform offer a comprehensive B2B Ordering Portal to make the ordering process easy for your customers?
- Does it provide your customers with a personalized customer experience?
- Does it offer a user-friendly Admin Dashboard that sets up fast and will help you get your business in order by streamlining order management?
- Does it include a Sales Rep Portal that allows your sales reps to create and manage customer orders as well as manage their customer accounts?
- Does the platform provide ready-made Integrations & API so that you can sync orders, customer information, inventory and products?
Ready to Take Control and Process Your B2B Orders Fast?
The time is ripe for your B2B healthcare company to take advantage of the many opportunities that having an online eCommerce store provides. And the great news is, your B2B customers are already out there searching for the products they want to buy online.
Launching your B2B eCommerce store no longer requires high overhead and extensive technical expertise. In fact, your online store can be up and running in less than 24 hours and B2B Wave can help!
B2B Wave is a powerful, easy-to-use B2B eCommerce solution built for wholesale distributors, manufacturers and dropshipping suppliers. It’s the easiest way to receive and process your B2B sales orders.